Domes of silence

Highlight of the day – this word I learned from a colleague. Its what you put underneath furniture to make them glide smoother on the floor. Furniture glides if you will. In swedish they are referred to as “furniture paws”. In english…. DOMES OF SILENCE!

For real. That name is for real. It’s not some corny band name, or an architectural structure from Game of Thrones. They’re tiny felt thingies with sticky tape on top.  I hade to image-google it in order to believe him.

Goodness, the english language is full of surprises…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s